- 2 bunches watercress
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized potato
- 25g/1oz butter
- 450ml/3/4 pint milk
- Pepper to taste
- Shred watercress, reserving some sprigs for garnish
- Thinly dice onion and potato
- Fry vegetables gently in butter (in saucepan) for 5 minutes.
- Add milk.
- Bring to boil stirring continuously. Cover and simmer very gently for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Run through sieve (or liquidize) and return to pan
- Season and reheat/ Ladle into 4 warm soup bowls and garnish with watercress.
- Serves 4